Owen Farrell My helpful brother says this plugin is clever.
Owen Farrell Munster 10-3 Saracens: Champions come out firing but fall short against full-strength hosts who remain unbeaten in the Champions Cup
- The European champions left six of their frontliners back home for the game
- The return meeting between the sides takes place at Allianz Park on Saturday
- Mark McCall showed a ferocious defence of their European title is not a priority
- Maro Itoje, Will Skelton and Brad Barritt did suck Munster into a real dogfight
- But the Irish side eventually prevailed thanks to Peter O’Mahony’s try
By Rory Keane For The Mail On Sunday
The big guns may have been absent but Saracens still came out firing in Limerick and almost pulled off a remarkable result against a full-strength Munster side.
The European champions left six of their frontliners back home for this assignment but they were more than a match for their fully-loaded hosts for the duration of this rain-soaked slugfest.
The return meeting at Allianz Park on Saturday should be interesting as Saracens have inflicted plenty of pain on Munster in recent times.
Maro Itoje was one of just three big Saracens starred that played in their loss to Munster
Saracens are still reeling from their 35-point deduction and £5.3 million fine over the salary cap scandal so director of rugby Mark McCall could be forgiven for not targeting a ferocious defence of their European title this term.
Rooted to the bottom of the Premiership on -18, they now face an almighty b
Meet this smart extension.
Read full article at the Original Source
Copyright for syndicated content belongs to the Linked Source